As you’ve probably heard by now, here at Kindermusik we are implementing some improvements centered around enrollment and payment for the new school-year. We want you to be in-the-know about why we’re making these improvements and how they affect you and your family.
Below, are the questions we’ve been hearing over the last couple of weeks, as well as the answers to those questions.
Q1: Why are you changing things?
A: In a nutshell, to make it easier–for you and for us.
There many reasons this system will make things easier for you, but here are the top three:
- It makes monthly budgeting a no-brainer. $60 comes out of your account or is charged automatically to your credit card on the 5th of every month, Sept to May. Done.
- It means that once you’re enrolled, you’re enrolled for the whole school year. No more worrying about missing registration. Once you’ve got a space, it’s yours. And, if your child needs to move up a level mid-year (ie. turning 18 months or 3 years of age around January), you can reserve a space for them in a class of your choosing. We will be providing you with a special form for you to do so well in advance.
- We hold your space for you from the time you enroll until the class starts and you pay nothing until the 5th of your starting month.
Easier for us:
More than half of our families have been registering for both fall and spring at once and paying monthly for years. This has shown us that most families appreciate the monthly plan, and it helps us to reduce our administrative, printing and advertising costs, scheduling time, and more. This translates to our being able to uphold the quality of our programs at a fair and reasonable price for our families.
Q2: Are concurrent classes still available for Our Time and Imagine That?
A: Absolutely! Take a close look at the class schedule and you’ll see that the Our Time (OT) and Imagine That (IT) classes have staggered start times to accommodate our concurrent families. Like our Village program, the first 10 minutes of OT will feature free play and exploration, which our concurrent IT children will get to take part in! The IT teacher will come and collect them just as we are about to begin the lesson. At the end of class, our concurrent families will move into the IT class for Sharing Time, just as they always have. With this new system, both children end up receiving more music time than ever before!
Did you know?…We have concurrent class possibilities at EVERY level!
Q3: Can I pay in full?
A: If you prefer to pay in full now for the school-year, please contact the office to arrange it. Please be advised, however, should cancellation be necessary, a $25 admin fee will apply. This is a great option for grandparents and other relatives who wish to gift our programs. And as always, gift certificates are available in any denomination and can be applied to your account.
Q4: What if I need to withdraw before May?
A: Don’t worry, if you need to withdraw at anytime during the school year, it’s easy. Just send us an email or a written note before the 1st of the month and you’re done. There’s no further obligation and no cancellation fee either (which used to be $25). A couple of things to be aware of though…
- The tuition for the current month will still be charged for withdrawal requests received after the first of the month.
- There are no refunds on materials. They are yours to keep and enjoy.
- We cannot hold your spot. If you’re going away on a long vacation, for instance, you’re better off to keep your space and take advantage of our new unlimited makeup classes that will start in September.
Q5: Are prices increasing for 2012-2013?
A: Other than rounding off a few cents to keep things simple, the only program that will increase in price is Our Time and that is because it is moving from a 30- to a 45-minute format each week to bring it in line with our other curricula. In addition, for some of our programs, you will actually get more value for your dollar than ever before.
Family Time: Will run alongside our other core curricula, giving you 30 weeks of Family Time fun instead of 20 and babies under 6 months are now free when accompanied by an older sibling in a Family Time class.
Sign&Sing: Will include both sessions (A+B) for $120 including HST, instead of $96 each plus HST.
Q6: Is the sibling discount still available?
A: Yes, it is! If you have any of this year’s materials from a previous enrollment, or if you are enrolling more than one child at a time, we will be taking $5 off your total monthly fees, each month from Sept to May.
Let’s keep the dialogue going. What else can we help you with?